FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I get to Bahasea Backpackers?
We are located at 560 west bay street, Nassau, Bahamas. There are two ways to get to us from the Lynden Pindling International Airport, by bus or by taxi.
Click here to download a PDF with directions to Bahasea Backpackers via bus. Ask the driver to stop by Sandyport Plaza. We are just across the street, first townhouse east of Sandyport beach.
By taxi, please note that the fare should be around $20. Make sure to confirm this with the taxi driver before entering the cab to avoid a surcharge.
Should you need any help with directions, please call the front desk +1 (242) 426-0688.
Can you pick me up from the airport?
Unfortunately we do not offer airport pick ups at this time, only drop-offs as we are not allowed to wait there in a private car.
However there are a lot of taxis at the international arrivals. Alternatively you could also take bus #12 (till 6PM) at the roundabout next to the airport.
How is a Hostel different from a Hotel?
Compared to a hotel, a hostel is a smaller, more communal and more affordable accommodation. Bahasea offers dorms and private rooms for backpackers and budget travelers. We found a great article to help explain the differences between hostels and hotels.
Where can I eat?
Bahasea Backpackers is within a 5 – 10 minute walk of 8 different restaurants.
– Spritz (Italian – by the marina)
– Twisted Lime (Sports bar/restaurant – by the marina)
– The News Cafe (Breakfast and quick lunch – by the marina)
– Blue Sail (French / Mediterranean – on the beach)
– Poop Deck (Bahamian / American – right after the beach)
– Wendy’s (Fast food – by the roundabout)
– Sakura (Sushi – by the roundabout)
– Marco’s (Pizza – by the roundabout)
The supermarket ‘Super Value’ is open Monday – Saturday from 7:00AM – 9:00PM (till 7:00PM on Sundays).
Can I have an early check-in?
Check in is at 4PM, however if you would like an earlier check in, please let us know ahead of time. We will do our very best to have your room ready. If it isn’t ready however, you are welcome to store your luggage with us and use the pools & communal areas.
Can I have a late check-in?
The front desk is open from 8AM to 8PM. If you require a late check-in, please let us know ahead of time so we can inform the security guard of your arrival. He will be reachable at +1 (242) 426-0688. Please note that there are no buses after 6:00PM. Feel free to call if you need any help with directions.
Can I bring children?
We’re very sorry, but we are unable to accommodate children less than 14 years of age.
Do you accept pets?
Pets are subject to approval by management. If you wish to travel with a pet please call us before making a reservation.
What activities do you have on-site?
Feel free to come by the front desk to find out more about the following activities.
– Pig Swim and feeding with our two rescue pigs (30.00 USD per person for 45mins – space limited / weather permitting).
– Snorkel gear rental (5.00 USD per set for 3 hours).
– Kayak rental (20.00 USD per kayak for 3 hours).
– Yoga Classes (15.00 USD per person – 10 people minimum | to be coordinated a day ahead of time).
– Jet Ski Rentals (80.00 USD per jet ski for 45mins – delivered at doorstep within 10 minutes).
– Massages (70.00 USD for 50mins – to be coordinated a few hours ahead of time).
– Bicycle rental (25.00 USD for 4 hours or 35.00 USD for 8 hours). Click here to download a PDF of recommended bike routes.
If you’re planning on booking a tour or excursion, we recommend reserving it as soon as possible as space is limited. We’ll be more than happy to tell you about our favorite tours, and help you book. Click here for our top ten list of tour operators.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept Visa and MasterCard.
Do the dorms have lockers?
Each bed has its own locker, feel free to bring your own padlock or borrow one from the front desk.